Monday, April 13, 2009

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster – II

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster
II
Ferret




Maylene and the Sons of Disaster is the Southern Rock-influenced metalcore band formed by original Underoath vocalist Dallas Taylor. The band’s second album II is a solid album, if slightly overproduced. I can’t not notice the slickness of the record and I’m honestly trying to do so. The Southern rock thing seems forced. The band is going out of its way to show you how much it boogies. At least they know what the hell Southern Rock actually is, unlike Every Time I Die.

The three guitar attack used by Maylene and the Sons of Disaster is key to the band’s sound. The playing of these guys is unnecessarily muddied by the studio tricks. I know that it sound like I’m ragging on Maylene and the Sons of Disaster but that not the case. I really enjoy II. It’s just that I want to hear a great record from these guys instead of a good one.





Maylene and the Sons of Disaster - II




.

No comments: