Monday, April 13, 2009

Flux – Protoplasmic

Flux
Protoplasmic
Relapse/Release




What can I say about this one? James Plotkin, the experimental guitarist of Old Lady Drivers/Khanate/Phantomsmasher notoriety, was the mastermind behind this thing. Flux is about as far removed from O.L.D. as possible. This is the sort of electro-pop I expect to hear in some Austin vintage clothing shop. I could also see this being played in a South Houston shooting gallery, a result of all other records being pawned for dope.

I ended up with Protoplasmic because it was packaged as a two-pack with a Slab! CD that I actually wanted. It's pretty good, but there's something about it I find unsettling. Now, I’m turning it over to you. The power is in your hands. Besides, someone out there has to like this, right?




Flux – Protoplasmic




.

No comments: