Friday, January 9, 2009

Skeletonwitch - Beyond the Permafrost

Skeletonwitch
Beyond the Permafrost
Prosthetic




I can't tell if these guys are false or not. They opened for Danzig and Dimmu Borgir at the House of Blues, so they've got that going on, but I can't overlook the music. As far as I'm concerned, all of the "thrash revival" bands are trying to ride the coattails of Municipal Waste and Sleletonwitch doesn't seem to be any different.

They play that oh-so-hip style of Wermacht/D.R.I. thrash worship but Skeletonwitch went with the grim and kvlt image instead of the party-time image. Aside from the "blackened" vocals, Beyond the Permafrost sounds just like Hazardous Mutation. No one is saying the record isn't good (it is), I just question Skeletonwitch's intent and originality.


Skeletonwitch - Beyond the Permafrost



.

No comments: