Monday, February 9, 2009

Ink & Dagger – Drive This Seven Inch Wooden Stake through My Philadelphia Heart

Ink & Dagger
Drive This Seven Inch Wooden Stake through My Philadelphia Heart
Initial




Ink & Dagger was a trend-setting (in a good way (sort of)), highly-influential metalcore band from the late 90s. Many bands (Eighteen Visions, The Icarus Line, etc…) owe a debt to Ink & Dagger. The band’s singer was a pretty tragic figure, but let’s not dwell on that.

Ink & Dagger should be commended for using the vampires-and-death-thing in a hardcore context without falling into the “goth” trap. Has anyone else ever pulled this off? On a similar note, Ink & Dagger’s music is most notable for what’s not in the sound. There’s no emo, metal, goth or mosh on this record. What remains is, dare I say, unique. If I had to compare it to anything, I’d call it a heavier version of Books Lie but, even then, that’s not really accurate. You should decide for yourself.




Ink & Dagger – Drive This Seven Inch Wooden Stake through My Philadelphia Heart




\m/

No comments: