Monday, February 2, 2009

Between the Buried and Me - Colors

Between the Buried and Me
Colors
Victory




This is definitely metalcore in the vein of Al Life Once Lost but there's more going on underneath. It's certainly not the Gojira/Lamb of God/Meshuggah/Pantera parts; those aren't new. No, I dig Colors because, on this album, Between the Buried and Me remind me of a couple of Texas bands: The JonBenet and At All Cost. The keyboards on this album really remind me of At All Cost. Was this the band that influenced the other two? Probably.

I hate to admit, but I resisted listening to Between the Buried and Me for a long time. They were one of the bands that Victory incessantly advertised during Headbanger's Ball a few years back. So I ignored them and that was a bad move. That's why discovering the link between this band and the Texas bands is "new" to me.

Anywho, this is non-Swedish metalcore with an intense progrssive streak along the lines of Radiohead. Plus, it's not a pose or a put-on. Colors is a very pleasant surprise. Recommended for people who are sick of all the music they own and want to hear something new. This is your band.



Between the Buried and Me - Colors





.

No comments: