Thursday, February 1, 2007

Dead Wrong/The Banner - split EP




Dead Wrong vs. The Banner
Split EP
War Machine/State of Mind Recordings

Dead Wrong is more boring than Blood for Blood and even less original. Their side of this 7” is the sort of by-the-numbers moshcore that you ve heard a million times before. Dead Wrong’s Cro-Mags-inspired hardcore sounds like what would happen if Terror binged on pain pills. Fortunately, Terror will never binge on pain pills. Unfortunately, Dead Wrong did record this music.

Dead Wrong plays mid-paced “chugga” riffs coupled with the same drum rolls, crashes, and fills that Sick Of It All played on Blood, Sweat, and No Tears. Dead Wrong is a competent band, but I don’t want to hear another band that plays old-school hardcore. You’re much better off actually listening to the Cro-Mags and Sick Of It All instead of Dead Wrong.

The Banner is the reason to listen to this 7”. The Banner also plays tough guy moshcore, but they do it with a horror-inspired flair. Not like the Misfits and certainly not like AFI, think more along the lines of recent Himsa. Unlike Dead Wrong, The Banner understands that this sort of music needs to be played FAST. Effective breakdowns and shout-along choruses that make you want to punch the floor and terrorize your neighbors. “No Surrender” is a mosh pit anthem. Like many of the other split EPs actually worth your valuable time, only one side is worth listening to. Take a wild guess which side that is.





Dead Wrong vs. The Banner



\m/

1 comment:

Scott H Florance said...

Invite Me to stay at a Motel or Hotel You pay for 10 days at a time. I will be the guest to the Hotel manager. Pay for My place to live 10 days up front. I still got My state I.d card. I do not like this place! I can not say, "I am home." I do not want to be homeless. Say You will make a payment to the Hotel manager that is enough to live there 10 days. Pay for another 10 days for me after that here in Denver! With Your help I will have a Hotel room with my name on it for an entire year. I am a white male, 46 year's old. Call and ask for Me Scott at 303-399-4043********* Or send Me a bank/check in the amount of $900 to: 1730 N. Franklin st, Denver Co 80218 *********** I cannot see Human aura's glowing. I am not able to see the spirit realm. There is no paranormal activity going on here. I never had a miracle. I have no memory of being abducted by space alien's. I never smoke tobacco cigerets.