Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Megadeth - Cryptic Writings

Megadeth
Cryptic Writings
Capitol






I love Flipside magazine. I found a few dozen used back issues at End Of An Ear Records last year and these tattered zines have been an insightful glimpse into the past. So, when I pulled Cryptic Writings out of the pile to be reviewed, I remembered seeing a review of that record in one of the old Flipside issues. Well lo and behold, I found the issue this week and I'd like to share it with you.

This review was originally published in Flipside #110 back in January 1998. The review was some dude named Ken. To my knowledge, he wasn't a columnist or interviewer but I don't know that for a fact. Enjoy!

These fucking guys are still around? Sure sounds like they mellowed out. Megadeth have gone the way of Metallica with their "alterna-metal" garbage. Laid back. No headbanging here. I suppose they call it progress. Came with a ridiculous doom/gloom comic book containing lyric to their new record or their old one... I don't know. Dave Mustaine still looks like a San Bernardino tweaker to me.







\m/

No comments: