Monday, January 27, 2014

Anti-Flag - The Bright Lights of America

Anti-Flag
The Bright Lights of America
RCA






This is the same as every other Anti-Flag album. It's serviceable West Coast-style punk rock with the same Northern California protest vibe as Rancid, et al. Just one thing though... this band is from Pittsburgh. Clearly, this is a case of a band born in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or maybe not. God bless the internet.

Major label release. Slick production. Sell outs. Warped Tour. Hot Topic. Yadda yadda yadda.

I've got to be honest. I'v never been emotionally invested in this band and The Bright Lights of America is an in-one-ear, out-the-other affair for me. If you love the Epitaph/Fat Wreck Chords sound, then this is a crucial release. Me however, I doubt that I'll ever listen to this record again now that I've reviewed it. Austin residents, check the used bin at End Of An Ear Records in a couple of months when I trade in a stack of bullcrap to get my copy of Surgical Steel.







\m/

No comments: