Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I don't hang out with lame-Os that don't like Scissorfight

Scissorfight
Live at the Middle East
Instant Live




It's been over a week since I posted anything which means that it's time to remedy that situation. This week I intend (ho-ho) to post some short reviews of bands with which most of you are at least passingly familiar. Today, we start with the almighty Scissorfight.

In November 2004, Scissorfight stopped taking bong rips long enough to drive down to Cambridge from New Hampshire and record a live album at legendary Boston-area venue the Middle East. Needless to say, the band tore it up that night.

The setlist is a greatest-hits of sorts for these rock-n-roll outlaws. Iron Lung is pissed and the rest of the band sounds great. The crowd is screaming for (and goes off to) the songs from the Balls Deep record. I find this odd since my favorite Scissorfight album is Mantrapping for Sport and Profit. I suppose that I have different taste than most of the folks up in Taxachusetts. Not much else to say. Scissorfight rules. Uhh, you're ugly.




Scissorfight - Live at the Middle East




\m/

No comments: